Your search for the perfect Caribbean vacations, holiday rentals or honeymoon hideaways may have just ended. For unforgettable Caribbean vacations where tree frogs and hummingbirds feel just as comfortable as you do, you've come to the perfect web site.
With 30 years of site sensitive resort development, and in response to the growing ecotourism movement, Maho Bay Camps has created comfort and convenience in these spacious dwellings just up the hill from Maho Bay Camps on St. John, in the US Virgin Islands. Caribbean vacations will never be the same again.
Thanks to many new technologies, and the popularity of ecotourism, it is now possible for "green" travelers to enjoy Caribbean vacations in close proximity to nature while staying in dwellings built with site-sensitive techniques that preserve, protect, and even enhance the fragile ecosystem.
Our resorts are all built on the same concept; creature comforts for all creatures. We have demonstrated that environmental sensitivity, human comfort and responsible consumption are all compatible. Each facility on St. John (the least populated of the US Virgin Islands) has its own comfort level, from basic to almost luxurious. We have made Caribbean vacations even more desirable for those travelers who want to tread lightly on the land and go home feeling as if they had helped to preserve some of our most precious natural wonders.
Maho Bay Camps, just minutes down the hill, is probably the most highly praised ecotourism destination in the world. After modest beginnings in 1976, before ecotourism was part of our vocabulary, we enjoyed great success and built Harmony Studios using the same sensitive construction techniques that respect the natural environment. The dwellings are connected by elevated walkways to minimize soil erosion which endangers the beach and fragile coral.
A short 5 minute walk from Maho Bay's tent-cottages, with breathtaking vistas of the Caribbean's white sand beaches and turquoise waters, Harmony Studios are a long way from "camping". In the fast growing ecotourism movement, this is ideal for Caribbean vacations catering to people who want very comfortable, private accommodations with appropriate sensitivity to this diverse tropical environment.
Harmony Studios provide more creature comforts for its guests including large rooms and private bathrooms. Its close proximity to Maho Bay Camps (both inside the US Virgin Islands National Park) lets vacationers, honeymooners and families take advantage of the secluded beach, all water sports; kayaking, windsurfing, sailing, snorkeling and scuba diving. The splendid pavilion, restaurant, store, gift shop, various cultural events and convenient transportation, are all available at the Maho Bay campground.
Today you can be part of the ecotourism movement and enjoy guilt-free Caribbean vacations in spacious two-story buildings that use the latest techniques in sustainable resort development. The architecture employs passive solar design, rain collection and roof scoops that draw cooling breezes through the well-furnished rooms.
Harmony blends great Caribbean vacations with the international ecotourism movement. Each of the 12 studios includes a private deck many of which have expansive ocean views. Book early since the Harmony Studios fill up quickly during the winter season. Harmony blends great Caribbean vacations with the international ecotourism movement.
There are two types of studios at Harmony.
Bedroom Studios (upper floor and lower floor) have a king-size bed (roll-aways are also available), kitchenette with microwave, all kitchen appliances and cooking utensils, dining table and chairs, tiled private bathrooms, all linens, and a spacious 6' x 18' deck with furniture.
Living Room Studios (upper floor and lower floor) have a king-size bed, queen-size sofa-bed, kitchenette with microwave, all kitchen appliances and cooking utensils, spacious dining area, all linens, tiled private bathroom, and a large 6' x 20'deck with furniture.
Rates For Harmony Studios
May 1, 2012 - December 14, 2012:
- $130-145 / night, double occupancy. Bedroom Studio.
- $140-155 / night, double occupancy. Living Room Studio.
- Additional guests $25 / night / person.
December 15, 2012 - May 15, 2013:
- $225-240 / night, double occupancy. Bedroom Studio.
- $235-250 / night, double occupancy. Living Room Studio.
- Additional guests $25 / night / person.
A 7-night minimum stay is required ONLY during these holidays:
- Christmas/New Years — Arrival or departure during December 24, 2012 - January 3, 2013
- Presidents — Arrival or departure during February 18 - 26, 2013
- Easter — Arrival or departure during March 26 - April 3, 2013
- Guaranteed with a 50% deposit. Rates do not include 10% USVI tax or $30 refundable deposit.
- VISA and MasterCard credit cards are accepted.
- Call Toll Free 1-800-392-9004!
- Please do not cancel existing reservation by email.
- For additional information send email.
Please see the Getting Here page.
Cancellation Policy for Harmony Studios:
- Cancellation up to 2-weeks prior to arrival: 10% of total stay will be withheld (low season cancellations only may be used towards a future stay before May 15, 2013).
- Cancellation within 2 weeks of arrival: the full 50 deposit will be withheld (low season cancellations only may be used towards a future stay before May 15, 2013).
- Early Departure Forfeiture: two nights penalty (year-round).